Certified Information Security Consultant (CISC) - 3 Months)
Benefits of CISC
- The CISC is the only completely hands-on, real-world oriented security certification.It is a course designed by security professionals, and for security professionals.
- The best in the business personally mentor you.
- You are trained by a group of professionals who have worked on prestigious international projects, presented at the leading security conferences around the world, and written numerous books and articles.
- The content is updated very regularly in accordance to the requirements of this dynamic industry.
- Job placement assistance for students who qualify
- There are many opportunities available for students with our consulting arm, NII, as well as our extensive clients in India and overseas
- We will conduct exams after every quarter with practicals and theory.
- Experts will set up these exams.
Table of Contents
Module 1: Fundamentals
- Network Basics
- The OSI Model
- TCP/IP Model
- Connection Establishment and Connection Termination
- Advanced Networking Concept, Network Packet Analysis
- Understanding things in the packet layer
- How to capture packets? Promiscuous mode, SPAN, Port Mirroring and Hubbing out.
- Wireshark – The packet analyzer, BSD Filter
- Wireshark, Analyzing slow network, PCAP example.
- Windows & Linux Basics
- Windows system architecture
- Linux Basics and Commands
Module 2: Network Security
- Finding Vulnerabilities – Manual methods
- Vulnerability Assessment (VA)
- Penetration testing
- Enumeration of services
- Finding Vulnerabilities – Automated methods
- Nessus Vulnerability scanner
- Getting exploit code – Exploitation Framework (msf)
- Attacking Linux and Windows
- Network Security Auditing/ Wireless
- Architecture Review
- Wireless Security
- WLAN Risk and Attack Taxonomy
- Setting up the Aircrack-ng Kung-Fu, Cloaking Hidden SSID
- Cracking WPA/WPA2 PSK, Evil Twin
Module 3: Server Security
- Database Security
- Database Fundamentals
- Database Management System -DBMS and RDBMS
- Database Administrator, Database Security Issues,
- Auditing in Database
- Windows Security
- Introduction to windows security architecture
- Event Log
- Windows General Security Practices
- Windows Auditing
- Linux server security
- Boot Security, Patching Linux Kernel
- The Linux Security Model - Users and Groups, Linux File Security, Index nodes (Inodes
- OS hardening& Exercises
Module 4: Application Security
- Introduction to Applications
- OWASP Top 10
- Using Application Proxies- Burp-suite
- WASC-Web Application Security Consortium
- Risk Based Security Testing (Business Logic Testing)
- Threat Modeling
- Source Code Analysis
Module 5: Mobile Security
- Android Basics
- Android Security Architecture
- Connecting to Android Device
- Reverse engineering Android Apps
- Android Exploitation
- OWASP Top 10 Vulnerabilities.
- Introduction to iOS
- iOS Security Architecture & Mechanisms
- Connecting to device
- Dynamic and Static Analysis