CHFI v9 covers detailed methodological approach to computer forensic and evidence analysis. It provides the necessary skillset for identification of intruder’s footprints and gathering necessary evidence for its prosecution. All major tools and theories used by cyber forensic industry are covered in the curriculum. The certification can fortify the applied knowledge level of law enforcement personnel, system administrators, security officers, defense and military personnel, legal professionals, bankers, computer and network security professionals, and anyone who is concerned about the integrity of the network and digital investigations.
Key Features of CHFIv9
- 14 comprehensive modules and 39 labs.
- More than 40 percent of new labs.
- More than 400 new/updated tools.
- Classroom friendly curriculum with diagrammatic representation of concepts and examples.
- New and rich presentation style with eye catching graphics.
- Coverage of latest operating systems.
- Updated patch management and testing environment.
- Well tested, result oriented, descriptive and analytical lab manual to evaluate the presented concepts.
Who should attend this course?
- Auditors and financial fraud examiners
- Chief Security Officers and Chief Technology Officers
- Professionals seeking a career in computer forensics and cyber crime investigations
- Security and Network Administrators
Certification and Exam Details
The CHFI certification is awarded after successfully passing the exam EC0 312-49. CHFI EC0 312-49 exams are available at ECC exam center around the world.
- Exam Title: Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI) v9
- Exam Code: EC0 312-49
- Number of Questions: 150
- Duration: 4 hours
- Availability: Prometric ATC
- Test Format: Multiple Choice
- Passing Score: 70%
- Course duration: 5 Days
- Computer Forensics in today’s world.
- Computer forensics investigation process.
- Understanding hard disks and file systems.
- Data acquisition and duplication.
- Defeating anti-forensics techniques.
- Operating system forensics.
- Network forensics.
- Investigating web attacks.
- Database forensics.
- Cloud forensics.
- Malware forensics.
- Investigating email crime.
- Mobile forensics.
- Forensics report writing and presentation.
- The CHFI v9 program has been redesigned and updated after thorough investigation including current market requirements, job tasks analysis, and recent industry focus on forensic skills.
- It is designed and developed by experienced subject matter experts and digital forensics practitioners.
- CHFI is a complete vendor neutral course covering all major forensics investigations technologies and solutions.
- CHFI has detailed labs for hands-on learning experience. On an average, approximately 50% of training time is dedicated to labs.
- It covers all the relevant knowledge-bases and skills to meets with regulatory compliance standards such as ISO 27001, PCI DSS, SOX, HIPPA, etc.
- The student kit contains large number of white papers for additional reading.
- The program presents a repeatable forensics investigation methodology required from a versatile digital forensic professional which increases employability.
- The student kit contains several forensics investigation templates for evidence collection, chain-of custody, final investigation reports, etc.