For every organization, realizing opportunities, while reducing threats to an acceptable level by the implementation of adequate controls with constrained budgets is a major challenge. Every control framework requires the acceptance and use of Risk Management concepts, techniques and methodologies as a key to successfully achieve its final objectives. The ability to promptly and correctly identify, analyze and manage the risks enhances the quality of corporate governance.
Why should you attend this course?
The Enterprise Risk Management course provides a broad introduction to the subject of Risk Management and also explores the process and techniques available for the successful assessment and treatment of risk and the embedding of risk management in the organization.
By the end of the course the participants would be able to:
- Enhance the understanding of Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
- Broaden the risk assessment perspective to cover all significant internal and external business risks
- Understand the new COSO ERM Framework
- Gain an understanding of current issues, challenges, and emerging practices regarding risk management, control, and governance processes
Who should attend this course?
- Auditors beginning the enterprise risk management process and seeking an understanding of the new COSO ERM Framework
- Enterprise risk management implementation team leaders and members
- Internal audit executives, members, and senior staff members with a responsibility for, or an interest in, enterprise risk management
- Executives and managers from organizations that are contemplating enterprise risk management implementation
- Module 1: The history of the emergence of risk management
- Module 2: Definition of risk and consequences of failing to manage risk
- Module 3: Internal and external drivers of risks to organizations
- Module 4: The role of the risk management function within an organization
- Module 5: The purpose and key benefits of risk management
- Module 6: Various Methods for Risk Assessment
- Module 7: Application of Common Risk assessments techniques –
Risk Profiling, Flowcharts, etc
- Module 8: Identify the components of the COSO ERM Executive Summary
- Module 9: Identify an Enterprise Risk Management implementation strategy
- Module 10: Identify the internal auditor’s role in Enterprise Risk Management
- Module 11: Identify the four essentials of ERM
- Module 12: Need for contingency planning
- Module 13: Features of BS25999
- Module 14: BCM cycle