Lionel currently serves as a Cybersecurity Analyst at NII and trainer at IIS. His work mainly focuses on Security Trainings, Vulnerability Assessment, Penetration Testing, Threat Hunting and Forensics for NII’s premier clients. His technical abilities span a very wide range of technologies across Networks, Operating Systems, Digital Forensics and Development, however his specialization is Intrusion Response, Threat Hunting, Malware Analysis and Research.
He has an overall 6 years’ experience of which:
- 1 year as a Security Analyst and Trainer at Network Intelligence India.
- 2 Years as a lecturer, training multiple colleges affiliated to the Mumbai University in topics like Ethical Hacking, Digital Forensics, Virtualization, and Cloud Management
- 3 Years as an IT Administrator
- Masters of Science in Information Technology
Experience & Expertise
- Good understanding of Computer and Mobile Forensics
- Well versed with various forensics tools like FTK, Prodiscover, Autopsy, Magnet
- Adept with performing Log Analysis from various log sources like Operating Systems, Application and Network Devices
- Network Security
- Good understanding of Networking and Firewall concepts, including Network Address Tables, Subnets, Proxy services and TCP/IP
- Well versed with Network based exploitation
- Database Security
- Good understanding of databases like MySQL, MongoDB
- Malware Analysis & Reverse Engineering
- Good understanding of x86 Assembly, Static and Dynamic Malware Analysis tools
- Programming Languages:
- C, C++, HTML, Python, Objective C, Java, Powershell
- Application Security
- Well versed with OWASP-Top 10
Research and Development
- Keen interest in Big Data, Mobile Security, Machine Learning, Digital Forensics & Incident Response, Malware Analysis
- Speaker at Null Mumbai
- Operating Systems: Windows (9X/XP/7/8/10), Windows Server (2003/2008/2012), Linux (Ubuntu, Kali), Mac OS Server
- MDM: Blackberry Enterprise Server
- Data Storage / Databases: Hadoop, MySQL
- Programming: Java, CSS, HTML, Objective C, Android & Hybrid Mobile Application Development, Bash Scripting.
- Network Components: Firewalls, IDS(Snort), Network Attached Storage
- Network Monitoring Tools: Wireshark, TCPDump, TShark
- Forensics Tools: SIFT, FTK, Photorec, Caine, Sysinternals tools, YARA, Splunk, ELK etc
- Malware Analysis: Static & Dynamic Malware Analysis
- Wipro - Ethical Hacking, Network Forensics, Log and Malware Analysis
- Infosys – Malware Analysis and Reverse Engineering
- IIS – CISC 6 Months, CISC 3 Months, CEH
- Cisco – Mobile Security and Malware Analysis
- Sierra Cedar – Windows Forensics In-Depth
- IDFC – CISC16 Days
- Samba Financial Saudi – OS, DB & Network Auditing
- Capgemini – Network Security
- UPL – VAPT, OS & Network Auditing
Other Infosec Projects
- Security Consultant for Incident Response in a private financial institution
Description: Played a part of 5-member team in performing Threat Hunting and Compromise Assessment for multiple banks in India. Performed Log and Malware Analysis.
Security Consultant for Email Breach Investigation in a financial & media firm
Description: Conducted an Email Breach Investigation for a major financial & media firm in India. Performed Log Analysis. Helped the IT Department understand how the breach occurred and helped them respond.
Security Consultant for Active Threat Hunting in a Financial Firm
Description: Conducted an active threat hunting activity for a major financial firm
Security Consultant for Digital Forensics & Incident Response in a public-sector bank
Description: Played a part of 4-member team in performing Log Analysis & Compromise Assessment for a public-sector bank in India
Security Consultant for Breach Investigation in a pharmaceutical firm
Description: Played a part of 3-member team in conducting a Breach investigation for a pharmaceutical firm. Performed Disk based forensics.
Security Consultant for Breach Investigation in an international telecom company
Description: Played a part of 3-member team in conducting a Breach investigation for an international telecom company.