Certified General Data Protection Practitioner
The one-day EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Foundation training course provides a comprehensive introduction to the EU GDPR and a practical understanding of the implications and legal requirements for organisations of any size. General Data Protection Regulation(GDPR)one-day training covers 8 principles comprising 99 articlesthat will help you to develop vision and strategy to understand GDPR compliance concepts. The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a new privacy-related regulation in the EU that is become active and enforceable from 25th May 2018. It will also help youto understand the various concepts of collecting, storing, and managing consumers’ data lawfully. This training course is intended to meet the current and future technical and professional needs of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) professionals working in organizations of any type and size, established in EU region and companies who provides goods and services to EU residents.
- Based on EU Directives.
- Fair and Transparent procession of personal data (PII).
- Transferring personal data outside EU
- Penalties in case of non-adherence of GDPR requirements
- Data subject rights to data disclosure, eraser, transfer, rectification, processing.
- The role of Data Protection Officer (DPO)
- The Powers of Supervisory Authorities
- Helps to be familiar with GDPR guidelines and have a good understanding of the fundamentals of new regulation.
- Have greater ability to identify potential impacts of privacy.
- Gain the knowledge and skills required to recommend organizations how to manage personal data.
- Gain the confidence to interpret data protection regulation and understand the implications for the organization.
- Gain a comprehensive introduction to the GDPR and a practical understanding of the implications and legal requirements for organisations, and the knowledge and skills to implement an effective compliance programme on this GDPR training course.
Table of Contents:
1.About data protection
- What is data protection? - (5 Mins)
- What is data privacy? - (5 Mins)
- How is it important? - (3 Mins)
- Well known incidents of breach - (10 Mins)
- Impacts of the breach - (3 Mins)
- What are the ways to achieve it? - (4 Mins)
- Movements for better controls - (3 Mins)
- Countries coming up with data protection laws - (7 mins)
2.General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Background behind the introduction of GDPR - (5 Mins)
- Overview of the GDPR - (15 Mins)
- Key terms under GDPR - (10 Mins)
- Identification of data controller and data processor - (30 Mins)
- Applicability of GDPR - (30 Mins)
- Principles of GDPR in depth - (20 Mins)
- Rights of data subjects - (20 Mins)
- Legal basis of processing - (35 Mins)
- Responsibilities of data controller and data processor - (20 Mins)
- Security of processing (C-I-) - (10 mins)
- Personal data breach - (20 mins)
- Data protection Impact assessment - (80 mins)
- Data protection officer - (40 mins)
- Transfer of personal data to a third country - (40 mins)
- Principles of transfer
- Adequacy decision
- Transfer based on safeguards
- Binding Corporate Rules (BCR)
- Derogations for specific situations
- What are supervisory authorities - (10 mins)
- Liabilities and penalties - (10 mins)
- Representation in the European Union - (10 mins)
- Processing in context of employment - (10 mins)
- Final thoughts on GDPR - (5 Mins)