Information Rights Management
About The Course
What happens when as part of a standard business process, sensitive information has to be sent out of the network to a trusted third party? What controls does an organization have to protect this information once it has left their own network? Through this training, participants shall understand why securing sensitive data from unauthorized access has been the primary concern for all organizations. They will get to know that for reducing risk of data loss and misuse, Information Rights Management solutions are greatly assisting companies to protect their confidential and sensitive information even after it leaves their organizational boundaries.
What is Information Rights Management (IRM)?
Preventing and securing sensitive data from unauthorized access has been the primary concern for all organizations. To reduce risk of data loss and misuse, recently IRM solutions are gaining significant importance for securing information and access rights of the document.
Who should attend this training?
- Security Administrators
- Network Administrators
- Senior Management
- Chief Information Officer (CIO)
- IT Managers
- Business Owners
Why should you attend?
Information Rights Management solution helps to protect confidential and sensitive information of your organization. Following are the ways IRM solutions achieve that state through the following:
- Mapping business classification to the information
- Implementing policies and procedures to track and secure information from viewing, printing, editing and exchanging along with access control list in place.
- Applying industry specific encryption of data or information
- Implementing mechanism to protect the sensitive data from copying, printing or and saving
After the training, you will be able to answer the following questions:
- How to evaluate risk of data theft and misuse of organization's intellectual property?
- How to select appropriate and cost effective IRM solution on basis of:
- Identifying what needs to be protected
- Identifying usage policies of the document
You will also be able to accurately identify and evaluate data leakage avenues based on these factors:
- Who can use the information (people, group)?
- What a user can do with that information (read, write, print or forward)?
- When can the user access the information (time duration and dates)?
- From where can the information be accessed (in office, home)?
Knowledge on Information security fundamentals will provide a very good starting point.
Table of Contents
Module 1: Introduction to Information Rights Management
Module 2: What is IRM?
Module 3: Need for IRM solution
Module 4: Various types of IRM solutions
Module 5: Selection criteria for IRM solution
Module 6: Implementation strategy for IRM
Module 7: File Protection
- Protect a File
- End State
- Offline File Access
- Changing Rights
- File Sharing
Module 8: Policies
- Creating Policies
- Setting Permissions
- End State
- Policy Modification
- Viewing Policies
- Viewing Files Under Policies
Module 9: Policies GUI
- Accessing Policies
- Viewing Details
- Viewing Activities
- Transferring Rights
- Active/Non-Active File
Module 10: Encrypted Files
- Online Mode
- Part of Organization Domain
- Not Part of Organization Domain
- Access over Internet
- Offline Mode
- File Distribution
- Activities on File
- View Details
- Decrypt File
- Activity As Another User
I liked the instructor way for more illustration and the class was very interesting.
Yazeed, Senior Analyst
One of the best instructor, I have ever met.
Thank you faculty. He has really gave us an excellent course by covering the material well.
Faculty is very knowledgeable instructor, enthusiastic and helpful.